- Compact TSL2585 ambient light sensor (ALS) is the first product of its kind to support UV-A radiation detection
- UV-A rays penetrate the deeper layers of the skin and can have significant health consequences
- Thanks to the UV-A detection of the new ALS, users can be warned of excessive UV-A exposure at an early stage
- High-sensitivity Photopic and IR channels enable accurate ambient light sensing behind low transmissivity materials and OLED displays
While the UV-C portion of sunlight is blocked by the earth’s atmosphere, UV-A and UV-B radiation reaches the earth’s surface. UV-B radiation penetrates only the upper layers of the skin and is responsible for sunburn. UV-A radiation, which accounts for around 90% of the UV component that reaches the earth’s surface, penetrates much deeper into the lower layers of the skin and can, in some cases, have significant health consequences – from weakening of the connective tissue to faster aging of the skin and a higher probability to develop skin cancer.
With the help of the new ambient light sensor from ams OSRAM, smartwatch users can now be warned as soon as the UV-A dose in their environment becomes too high.
The compact dimensions of the extremely flat package of only 2.0 mm x 1.0 mm x 0.35 mm allow for space-saving system designs helping manufacturers of extremely compact devices. The sensor can be operated with a voltage of 1.8V and consumes only 0.7µA when inactive.
The TSL2585 expands ams OSRAM’s comprehensive portfolio of ambient light sensors with a UV-A detection device.
Thanks to the extremely short integration time, the sensor reliably detects ambient light even when installed under OLED displays in smartwatches.
1. The website does not warrant the following:
1.1 The services from the website meets your requirement;
1.2 The accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the service;
1.3 The accuracy, reliability of conclusions drawn from using the service;
1.4 The accuracy, completeness, or timeliness, or security of any information that you download from the website
2. The services provided by the website is intended for your reference only. The website shall be not be responsible for investment decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from use of the website or the information contained therein
You may not reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast or circulate to any third party, any materials contained on the services without the express prior written consent of the website or its legal owner.