This Functional Circuits total body class is low impact and uses weights (with a mix of bodyweight exercises as well). The 45-minute class includes guided warm up and cool down. Some other Functional Circuits classes I’ve shared:
If you enjoy class, I have a bunch more available to Patreon members! For $9.99/month, you get 8-10 additional workout videos every month plus a workout calendar.
Functional Circuits Total Body Class
EQUIPMENT FOR CLASS:
- Set of medium weights, I’m using 8 lbs
- Single heavy weight, I’m using 20 lbs
In this class, we start with a guided warm up, focusing on mobility and dynamic movement. We then move onto our functional circuit work. In each of the three circuits, you’ll preform four exercises, back to back, for 30 seconds each. You then rest 30 seconds before repeating. So that’s 2 mins of work, 30 sec rest.
In Circuits 2 & 3, we’ll do some unilateral work so we’ll complete 4 sets of the circuits, alternating right and left. In Circuit 1, we’ll complete 3 sets.
Between circuits, you get about a minute to recover, but pause the video and take more time if needed. Always listen to your body, modifying or stopping as needed.
We finish class with a guided cool down and stretch.
01:30 Warm Up & Mobility
09:38 Functional Circuits Workout
Circuit 1, medium weights
- Rotating Biceps Curls
- Hammer Curls with Lunge – Squat Step
- Squat Thrust with External Rotation at the Bottom
- Shoulder Press, Shaper, Press Up
Circuit 2, heavy weight
- Staggered DL – SL DL
- Lunge Row x2 – Pulse x2
- Lizard to Low Squat to Knee Drive (bodyweight)
- SL DL with Arm Reach (bodyweight)
Circuit 3, single medium weight
- Boat Sit Up to Balance
- Boat Pose Shoulder Press – Twist
- Side Plank Rotation – Top Knee Crunch (bodyweight)
- Forearm Plank Knee Drives
41:58 Cool Down & Stretch
(Visited 1 time, 1 visit today)