New Anatomy for Strength & Fitness Training: An Illustrated Guide to Your Muscles in Action Including Exercises Used in CrossFit (R), P90X (R), and Other Popular Fitness Programs (IMM Lifestyle Books)
(as of Oct 27,2021 12:43:04 UTC – Details)
Get an in-depth look into the most magnificent machine ever created—the human body!
- Over 100 anatomical illustrations of 70 muscles in action, detailed and in full color
- Over 75 exercises to increase your flexibility and strength
- Expert instructions for exercises for strength training and gym fitness, stretching and flexibility training, yoga, Pilates, and bodybuilding
- Learn how each exercise works and understand how it shapes the body, with the science of movement, training concepts, and fitness principles
- Perfect for beginners and advanced fitness practitioners alike, this is the must-have exercise reference for fitness enthusiasts
Using detailed anatomical illustrations, New Anatomy for Strength and Fitness Training provides you with visual insight into what happens to the human organic machine during exercise—muscles and tendons working in concert to strengthen your body’s building blocks.
With this basic knowledge of how the body works, you can buff up your body with the book’s 75+ exercises, grouped by body region and involving gym machines, free weights, and body weight/stretching, as well as yoga and Pilates. Included are comparisons of contemporary training options from CrossFit and P90X to Zumba, SoulCycle, TRX, Orangetheory, and more.
Each exercise is vividly illustrated by a full-color anatomical illustration of the targeted muscles, together with instructions on execution and technique. By understanding how your body responds to each movement, you’ll be able to isolate specific muscle groups and design the most targeted program possible.
Motivate yourself and make your workouts more powerful and effective by seeing how your muscles actually work when you exercise with safe and proper form!
“New Anatomy for Strength and Fitness Training is clearly written and designed with highly instructive illustrations. A powerful resource for novice and advanced fitness enthusiasts alike, this book is the Bible of strength and fitness training. It is empowering, and should be in every home and commercial gym.”
—Allan Richter, Editor, Discover Life and Energy Times magazines